Waiter / waitress
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Responsible for: Provision of food and beverage in the Restaurant and Tap Bar at the George in Rye.
Reports to: Restaurant and Bar Manager
Liaises with: F & B Supervisors
Job purpose: To deliver outstanding customer service in every aspect of guest interaction. To work within procedures and company policies to deliver this service.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
– To exceed customer expectations for standards of service that encourages repeat business and positive guest feedback
– To be attentive and anticipate guest needs
– To be customer focused
– To take guest orders correctly and efficiently
– To serve food and drinks in the correct manner as set out in the Restaurant and Bar SOP’s
– To manage payment thoroughly, ensure guests are charged correctly for what they have received and given the right change when needed
– To report for work in the correct clean and pressed uniform
– To work within company guidelines for health and safety, food hygiene and licensing law
– To complete shift checklists to ensure that all jobs for the day are completed
– To work within the team for the good of the team
– To carry out any reasonable tasks asked of you by a member of the Food and beverage management team
– To report any guest related problems or complaints immediately to management for follow up
– To report any maintenance or safety issues to management for follow up
– To have a thorough knowledge of all food and beverage products served
To ensure that operating equipment is stored and maintained to the laid down standards
– To have knowledge of the Hotel and restaurant premises and the key personnel inside it.
– To have had an introduction to the company Handbook, Manuals, and to have completed the assesments set for a waiter
– To know the emergency procedures and to be trained on the use of cleaning chemicals.
– To understand each role during service.
– To be aware of and use correctly the cleaning schedule
– To polish glasses to the correct standard.
– To fill and maintain cruets and condiments.
– To fold napkins to correct specification.
– To polish cutlery using correct method and to the correct standard.
– To be able to set up each table according to the needs for each service.
– To have good knowledge of the table numbers, and stations.
– To have a good basic knowledge of menu, wine list, drinks, general knowledge.
– To be able to take dessert, coffee and drink orders competently.
– To be able to use Micros to order dessert, coffee and drink orders.
– To be able to take a food order and put into the micros .
– To be able to carry out menu mis en place.
– To be able to carry out bread and butter service.
– To be able to set up and breakdown each station.
– To be able to competently carry out linen count
Complete our Job Application form here.
Return to main jobs page.