Responsible for: Housekeeping Assistants
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
To effectively supervise the service of rooms and public areas in the Hotel to the laid down standards and in a manner that maximises profitability and guest satisfaction.
Key responsibilities and accountability
1. Responsible for clear and effective communication between housekeeping and other departments.
2. Fill in for staff where necessary.
3. Order supplies as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
4. Report all work orders to engineering/maintenance any and all problems needing repairs.
5. Focus with a Special Emphasis on Priority and VIP guests.
6. Create a courteous friendly, professional, work environment through open line of communication.
7. Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standard.
8. Inspect and maintain hotel rooms daily and public areas.
9. Maintain a regular deep cleaning program, a monthly planner consisting of a project a day. Floor/carpet care. Flipping of mattresses (Keeping records/check lists).
10. Assist Housekeeping Manager in maintaining a monthly linen inventory (must be completed on 30th to the 1st of every month). Supply inventory should be done once a week (order as needed).
11. Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
12. Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
13. Comply at all times with the hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
14. Other duties as required
15. Maintain an overall clean and safe hotel for our guests as well as our employees, establishing and maintaining quality control
16. Utilizing the proper equipment and supplies for the efficient and economical operation of the hotel.
17. Ensure that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenue.
18. Supervise, train, support, and monitor room attendants, turndown attendants, and housemen
19. Ensure that housekeeping services are completed in a first-class manner.
20. Provide guests with professional, efficient, prompt and courteous service
21. Assign daily tasks to the housekeeping staff.
22. Inspect and ensures all rooms have been assigned and serviced each day – coaches employees as required.
23. Assist the Housekeeping Manager managing the staff company goals and objectives.